GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
Due to its many environmental benefits, our artificial turf is naturally a green product. Discover more about how the benefits make it greener than natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water each year
- Excludes dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eradicates the necessity for pollution - producing mowing equipment
- Contributes towards U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Residential landscape irrigation is estimated to use up to nearly 9 billion gallons of water each day.
In particular districts, outdoor water use can add up to 70 percent of Tucson residential property’s water usage. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water annually is used to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 square foot project, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons each year, or as much as $350 off the water bill, alone. Our residential synthetic turf products are warrantied for 15 years, so throughout the life of the lawn, our customers save approximately $5,250 in water cost.
The normal cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential properties in Tucson is $0.20 square foot each year. For a 1,000 sq ft lawn, that results in savings of $200 every year, or $3000 during the entire life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA believes that, on average, 33.2 million tons of yard trimmings were built up annually, the third-largest component of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The ordinary resident spends 150 hours every year keeping up the lawn. Synthetic grass eliminates that need.